Services Offered at Northern Psychiatric Associates
Psychiatric services are Provided for ages 18 and older
Psychiatric Evaluations and Medication Management
Nursing Home Rounds
- Our clinicians travel to select local nursing homes, providing quality psychiatric services to elderly people in their home setting.
- Forensic services are usually court ordered exam to assess for competency for trial or at the time of the alleged offense. These exams are arranged by the court system as ordered by the judge.
- Parenting evaluations are also frequently requested by the legal system in the setting of a "CHIPS" petition or a custody hearing.
Psychological Services are Provided for patients 6 years of age and older and includes individual and family counseling.
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Eating Issues
- Stress Management
- Life Stressors
- Low self-esteem and empowerment
- Abuse (victim issues)
- Behaviors of children
- Family counseling
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- A specialized approach to anxiety and stress reduction. More information is available here.
- Psychological evaluation and testing required prior to bariatric (weight loss) surgery.
Parental Capacity Evaluations
- Evaluating an individual's psychological status as it relates to their strengths and weakness for parenting.
CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
CBT- I (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia)
- Therapy to aid in reducing the effects of insomnia though a non-drug or medication approach. More info can be found here.